A note to visitors: We try very hard to produce reliable software but occasionally problems surface, and when they do we rectify them as soon as possible. Each release comes with a 'Latest information' file that details all the changes (except for the most minor) made in each build. Our experience is that our users prefer the candid approach to one of denial and slipstreamed changes. We operate low price subscription update schemes for our programs which keep users up to date during the period of their subscription.
Release 7.20c, 14 Dec 2020
- Column B/F loads weren't always updated when parent beam loads changed - fixed.
- Option to select PFC sections as columns reinstated - this was inadvertently removed in commonising program code (EuroBeam does not and will not support PFC columns since it uses NCCI SN048b which excludes channel sections)
- Print Project repeated page number 1 if project summary included and using sequential numbering - fixed.
- Connection copy and paste didn't work - fixed.
Release 7.20b, 2 Dec 2020
- 7.20a shipped with the wrong program icon. Installing this release should fix things, but if you still have a question mark icon on your desktop, right-click on it, select Properties, Shortcut tab, then Change Icon. Select the correct icon and press OK. Note that Windows caches icons so the change may not be accepted immediately.
- Connection drawings weren't printed on printouts (they were on PDFs) - fixed.
- Minor fix to handling of default steel data.
- For RHS columns BS5950 Table 15 determines whether or not a check for lateral torsional buckling is required. This determination is now shown in more detail. Note that if a member's effective length exceeds the Table 15 limit its bending resistance drops sharply, hinting that an alternative section would be a better choice.
- Arrows to the right of steel beam restraint condition panels wouldn't initially allow scrolling in both directions - fixed.
- Standalone splice options didn't work - fixed
- Export to EuroBeam file wasn't reliable - fixed
- BM & SF diagram didn't show sharp change in SF at point load positions - fixed
Release 7.20a, 3 Nov 2020
This long delayed release is the result of a major project that aims to consolidate much of the SuperBeam, ProSteel and EuroBeam code into one largely common codebase.
Changes in this release:
- Beam edit dialog load page now adds four quick add buttons under the load grid - press 'U', 'R', 'V' or 'D' to add a dead load of this type; Ctrl+Click adds a live load
- Beam calculations now use mid-span deflection (as EuroBeam). The deflection coefficient for each load is shown in a new column that has been added to the beam printout load table.
- For beams extending as cantilevers, the calculation sheet now shows key results as Span:BM/SF/Deflection, Cant(s):BM/SF/Deflection (as EuroBeam) - was BM:Span/Cant(s), SF:Span/Cant(s)
- Where a steel beam is subject to a high shear force (Fv>0.6Pv) at the point of maximum bending, the bending resistance of the member has to be reduced to allow for the high shear force. Previously the reduced bending resistance was shown with no explanation; now full working is shown.
- Steel beam web crushing and buckling can now be checked at R1 and/or R2. Previously it was both or neither.
- The steel column edit dialog previously had separate dead and live load columns in load entry grid. Now, as for beams and as in EuroBeam and SuperBeam 7.20, a new second column is used to enter the load duration (D or L). If you load a project saved with an earlier release, the previous dead/live load is split across two lines.
- The function of the A/1/2/3/4 buttons in the steel column edit dialog has been changed. They now act as radio buttons: press one to select the load type, then (as appropriate) press 'Add dead load', 'Add live load' or 'B/F' to add the corresponding row(s), then edit as necessary.
- Steel column base concrete grades are now shown in the form Cxx/yy, e.g. C20/25, where the first number is the cylinder strength, the second the cube strength.
- A number of improvements to the way in which calculations are presented have been made, e.g. showing some additional working and trying to show values with the appropriate number of decimal points.
- Script for 140mm wide Catnic BSD140, BHD140 and BXD140 lintels has been added
- Autosaving has been reworked
- The User Setup, Create Backup on Save option has been removed - see ReadMe file for a full explanation
- In connection with the last change, the File Open dialog now adds an Open Backup file type option. If you open such a file you will need to use File, Save As to save it under a new name.
- When editing show current item option has been removed from User Setup, Preferences.
- User Setup now adds a Show Startup Dialog checkbox.
- User Setup, Apply Closes option has been removed: now in edit dialogs, press Apply to commit your changes, then Close when done.
- A new Configuration Preference checkbox, Show startup dialog, has been added. If this box is checked, on starting a dialog is displayed with three options: Start New Project, Open Project or Reload Last Project.
- Colour dialog now has buttons to set screen window colours to light and dark defaults. Pressing either of these buttons resets the font colours appropriately.
- Colour themes Golden Graphite and Metro Blue have been replaced by Glow Black and Stellar Blue.
- This release is built with Embarcadero Delphi Sydney 10.4.1 which should improve rendering on 4K displays.
Release 7.19l, 26 May 2020
We've left this as a 7.19x release pending a major revision which will be released as 7.20a.
- Fix made to beam opening calculation printout: see program ReadMe file for details - in some cases the actual Vierendeel moment capacity of the opening was higher than that shown in the printout.
- For stiffened openings a warning note is now printed if the space between the inside face of the flange and face of the stiffener is less than 50mm (this is an arbitrary figure chosen by us). This note is purely informational but when it is added you should satisfy yourself that there will be adequate space to weld the stiffener.
- Page border (if selected): RH border was not printed in correct place or omitted on certain printers - fixed.
- Cancelling a Print to PDF operation triggered an AV error - fixed
Release 7.19k, 30 March 2020
- Import items from another project code has been revised. Previously the program could hang if you selected something other than a SuperBeam or ProSteel file and we had one report of this option hanging the program when running on a system with 4K display.