Loading Google search bar - please wait
Release 5.51a/b: 25/27 Nov 2013
- RTF copy option: Calculations can be copied to the clipboard in RTF format, from where they can be pasted into applications such as Word.
- Size of internally generated PDF files reduced
- Standard load page template loads updated following user feedback
- 5.51b (Nov 27) fixes a print misalignment bug introduced in 4.61a
Release 5.50d: 20 Aug 2013
- The layout of the steel column edit dialog has been changed slightly. The load position buttons are now on a panel to the right of the loading grid and become active when you click on the load grid. Problems with B/F load functionality have been resolved.
- Standard Loads page: From the beginning we have always been reluctant to give any guidance on standard loads, the rationale being that if you need such help you shouldn't be using our programs. Given periodic requests we have now finally added a standards load page. For more information see the program Latest Information page.
Release 5.50c: 10 Jun 2013
- Connection edit dialog allowed invalid bolt sizes to be entered - fixed
- Error in unrestrained beams extended as cantilevers with hogging moment on span (unlikely to be encountered in practice). If you had an beam extended as a cantilever with the load generating a hogging moment on the span, the LTB check was invalid - the actual (negative) moment was compared with the buckling resistance moment and so was always less (so taken as OK) regardless of magnitude. We have corrected this so that the unsigned moment is used when checking.
- From release 5.42g a note, 'Sections to be bolted together with tube spacers or suitable alternative connections at max 1.5m c/s', has been added to steel beam calculations where the beam comprises two or three sections and no other notes have been added. Now if you change back to a single section beam and the steel note text comprises this text and nothing else it is automatically removed.
Release 5.50b: 30 Apr 2013
- Beam o.w. load line now only adds o.w. for steel and/or timber beams.
- Bearing notes continued to be shown in Summary when bearing type changed to 'Omit' - now any note is deleted if you change the type to 'Omit'
- Script editors now add a button which lets you change the edit panel font.
- Script enhancements: Scripts and script pages can now include Summary.Add() statements which function in the same way as Output.Add() statements. The text entered appears in the Project Summary. You can also assign values to predefined variables WindowTitle and PrjMgrLine, e.g. WindowTitle := 'CATNIC CN6 LINTEL;'. Values assigned here appear in the screen window title bar and Project Manager. New values CantLenR1 and CantLenR2 have been added - usually these will be checked to ensure they are zero, i.e. the beam does not extend as a cantilever at either end.
- New script: A new script Catnic IG 100mm box lintel combines the earlier Catnic and IG scripts so as to give both lintel options on one sheet.
- Enhanced scripts: The original Catnic, IG, Stressline and TJI scripts have been replaced with new ones that use the Summary, WindowTitle and PrjMgrLine variables above.
A 24-year old bug fixed! When the expression evaluator was written for
SuperBeam 1 we managed to get the expression evaluation wrong for expressions
involving sequential addition and subtraction. Following BODMAS too literally 2-3+4
was evaluated as 2-(3+4) = -5.. The correct evaluation is 2+(-3)+4=3. After 24
years we've got it right! For more see this forum post. It's
highly unlikely to have affected any calculations but does also affect the
Note that we still give precedence to multiplication over division so 2x3/4x5 is evaluated as if the division symbol was a horizontal line with the preceding and following parts above and below it, viz (2x3)/(4x5) = 0.3, not 2x(3/4)x5=7.5
Release 5.50a: 25 Mar 2013
- The combined stress ratio was not always visible in the column edit dialog - fixed
- Shortcut key for Add Column is now Ctrl+L (was Ctrl+A, clashes with Select All text in memo field)
- Configuration, Standard Loads and Notes option has been renamed Configuration, Library
- New scripting option: eight ready to use scripts, one each for 100mm wide IG and Catnic box lintels, 100x140mm Stressline prestressed concrete lintels, 47mm wide C16 floor joists, 2x47mm C16 built-up beams and 220mm deep, 241mm and 302mm deep TJI joists. If you're computer literate, write your own. Read more.
Release 5.42i: 16 Feb 2013
- Steel column section selection now mirrors that for beams: you now have check, select by minimum weight and (new) select by minimum depth options.
- Non-BS4 (new Advance) steel sections: New setting in Project Details dialog gives you three options when using the program to select a section: you can include these sections (as before), exclude them from consideration, or, you can choose to have any suitable such section noted as an alternative: e.g. the program might select a 610x229x101 UB and use this for the calculations but adds a line under the section name stating that a 610x178x100 UB would also be suitable. This line is not added where the selected section is already the lightest or shallowest one.
Release 5.42h: 18 Jan 2013
- Beam diagram print options lost on beam edit - fixed
- Range check error was thrown when clicking on Project Manager list if list empty or when pressing Paste if list empty
- Potential (though unlikely) error fixed on end plate splices: bearing capacity of bolts on end plate wasn't checked when calculating splice shear capacity (in practice it's almost never critical)